Section A Engagement Goals
“Are you climate ready?” is composed of three matrices, each held in a separate Excel file.
“Are you climate ready?” is offered as an engagement process to help organizations collaborate to meet the following goals.
- To leverage the power and value of their environmental management system (EMS) as objective evidence to address the recommended disclosures stated in the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), along with a few other sources, which are identified. The questions related to the TCFD recommendations are contained in the first matrix.
- To share select data to identify common strengths and weaknesses in their EMS through aggregation for the purposes of determining common weaknesses and opportunities.
- To inspire participants to seek positive, innovative options with which to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions to meet the less than two degree mark set by the Paris Agreement, meeting the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that are relevant to their context. The SDGs are contained in the second matrix, along with information about 80 proven technology options as outlined in Project Drawdown.
- To share existing tools, models or support mechanisms to assist participants in advancing climate action, and show the synergy and cost saving opportunities enabled.
- To develop or source other tools to address common weaknesses. Given the time sensitivity of the challenge, collaboration with existing initiatives and other like-minded stakeholders is of high value.
- To enable participants to determine their own climate readiness. As research has shown that people are not motivated by research, knowledge of personal climate readiness is important. Insight on how participants may be directly or indirectly affected is contained in the third matrix.
Further explanation of the goals is found in Annex A.
Section B Terms and Conditions
The annual fee for participation in this engagement process is US$2,500 plus taxes as required by law. Payment mechanisms are identified in Section C. Access to the matrix set, invitations to training webinars, other support tools, models or other research included in the engagement process will only be released when payment is received in full, and with the written agreement by a person with the authority to uphold the following terms and conditions.
The fee includes one copy of the matrix, access to periodic webinars, and an annual report outlining the results of aggregated information.
Individual data will not be shared. Periodically, The Collaboration, in association with E2 Management Corporation, may release a media press statement, summarizing trends or patterns discerned through this engagement process. Participants have the option to be identified in conjunction with the public release at their discretion.
The value of this process lies in sharing non-attributed data. If a participant decides after acquiring the license to the matrix set not to share their data, the loss of value will be theirs, and with regret there are no refunds.
Data submissions are due on or before September 30th. The reporting of the results will be shared with participants in the following January/February; the exact date to be determined once the number of participants are known. Participants may choose to participate once, annually or biannually. The detailed report will only be shared with those organizations that participate in the data capture period in the year before.
For example, organizations that share data by September 2020, will receive a report early in the year of 2021.